Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

I know... it's a little late. I really was meaning to update my blog last Saturday, but it was a long day. Here's what I did:

Saturday morning I woke up at 6:00 a.m. to meet my coworkers Golta and Kimya, at Starbucks for 7:00 a.m. After grabbing some coffee, we made ourselves comfortable for the drive to Huntsville, we got there around 10:30 a.m. We had a quick detour into Port Sydney and looked at the rapids, Brad's and my first apartment, and the ice fishing huts on Mary Lake. Once we got to Huntsville, we make our way to Rock Ridge to go tobogganing. If you've never been, you HAVE to go!!! Everyone has their own snow tube, and rides up the hill on a pully. Whoever thought of making rides UP the hill was a genius... that's always the worst part about tobogganing. Now that we're at the top of the hill, we pull our tubes together and get a quick spin and go soaring down the hill. The weather was perfect, not too cold, and nice and sunny. We had a blast for 2 hours and then got out of our snow gear and went to Bracebridge for lunch. We had delicious Red Pepper and Basil soup, quiche, salad and a sandwich at Marty's, as well as a complimentary shot of espresso, yum! After writing on the chalkboard wall we did some window shopping, and each of us ended up with a souvenir to take home.

I think we left Bracebridge by 4:30 p.m., we were originally planning on being back home well before now. We passed the time on the car ride back by singing to Kanye, Oasis, and a mixed CD that my Dad put together. Its a good thing Kimya was in the back seat and had all the extra room for her air-guitar, air-drums, and performing as a backup dancer!

The rest of the night I was at home with Brad, Lily and Ella. After the girls were asleep, Brad and I watched Mission Impossible 3... it was alright. Sorry Krista, I know its one of your faves.

Sleep must not have happened until after midnight, because after the movie I started to knit.

So that was last week... and nothing new since then. Golta and Kimya took lots of pictures on our road trip and I'll add them once they are passed along to me.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say? Your St. Patrick's Day glasses are--unique. They suit you. :} Did Lily make them for you?
She is such a clever girl it wouldn't
surprise me if she did. I'm glad you
had fun. Take care.

10:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh am I ever jealous! Does that ever
look like fun. It takes me back to the farm when my uncle gave us the
old round metal Coke signs. Boy, did
we ever have fun zipping down the hills and landing in the barbed wire
fence. Getting untangled was lots of
fun. Good for you girls!!

2:42 p.m.  
Blogger Krista said...

Tubing looks like so much fun. And of course I love the glasses. And your coat is green so that works out perfectly. I've trained you well;)

9:22 p.m.  
Blogger Sider Family said...

And... I had on a green shirt and green socks too!

9:53 p.m.  
Blogger Jaime's Blog said...

oh Pam... happy St. Patricks day !! nice glasses... I am soo jealous that I didn't get to go with you guys tubing.. bahhh candles.. but our house will smell soo pretty !! love ya !

3:56 p.m.  
Blogger Jaime's Blog said...

um... so anything new ?

5:14 a.m.  
Blogger Sider Family said...

Tee hee!! Crazy Facebook!

9:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home