Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

See you in September?

This blogging is hard stuff!  I last posted something in October... it's MARCH now.  BTW, happy birthday Nolan and Darryl... how does it feel to share your birthday with Justin Bieber!!!!  Maybe I could get you purple hoodies to celebrate?  Or should we go see "Never Say Never" - it's in 3D!!  (This makes me sound like a superfan... I'm not.  In case it doesn't translate on the screen you're reading this, I'm being sarcastic.)

I gotta come up with a routine for blogging!  My friend Jenny has a 365 day project where she posts a picture a day and a short paragraph or two of whats going on.  Sometimes its just a picture of Starbucks cups, representing a (well deserved) date with her husband.  Maybe I'll save this project/routine for my New Years resolution for 2012.

Like everything right now, I'm feeling behind.  The kitchen needs to be cleaned, laundry is starting to pile up, the girls room is a disaster... too much for me to ask them to help.  I normally help clean up the floor (which actually means putting most of the stuff on their dresser or beds) and then they'll come in and put things away.
Enough complaining about what I should be doing... because I'm obviously blogging and this has become my priority right now... or does this mean that I'm crossing something off my list of to-dos?

Kids.  They're all good.  Teacher interviews were last week, and we obviously like to hear all the wonderful things the kids are doing.  Best thing?  Lily is reading above her grade level!  We've tried to encourage her with purchasing a couple of chapter books, and some younger books she can practice reading to Ella for her to listen and follow along.  Another plus is that Ella is at par with her classmates.  It's only SK, but its French, so we were worried that she wasn't picking things up as easily as Lily seemed to.  I think that we'll see a huge growth in Ella's French next year when she is at school all day.  And I'll know for SURE she's got it when the girls start speaking to each other so Brad and I don't understand what they're saying!  Heather and I used to do that with Sign Language and it would drive my Mom CRAZY!  Ha ha!

Basement, yes, we're still working on it...

Brad got a haircut. It was the first time that I decided to go with him. Last time he hardly got anything cut off, and he never said anything. I'm sure that Brad was upset when I kept telling the lady that there was too much bulk here, and there, a little more. When we walked out of the door, I asked if that was the last time I was allowed to come with him... BUT, he looks SO GOOD!!! It didn't seem very genuine (maybe because I was laughing when I said it) but he was upset that it was shorter than he had wanted it. Thanks to everyone for complementing his new look. He may have forgiven me. And he does look good! No giggles.

Well, now I seem to just be thinking of things to write about.  It's not interesting.  And there are all these other things that seem to be nagging me on my list....

See you in... September?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought that you were announcing a new baby coming in september when i saw the title.. haha. i may be obsessed.
so glad that you finally blogged! please don't wait until september to do it again.
i'm also curious about brad's hair! is it short-short? and did he shave too? i can't imagine brad looking not like a bear!

6:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home