Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Sunday, November 12, 2006

All About Ella

You all know that I have two kids, but I think that a lot of times I've focused my blogs on Lily. This one is dedicated to you Ella!

So... Ella is 1 1/2 this month, in just a couple of days actually. She has been walking since the summer, and loves to play her own version of Tag with Lily around the living/dining room and kitchen. She is very independent and will walk anywhere without holding on to our hands. For this reason, we always go shopping with her still in a stroller. I think I'm going to have problems keeping track of her when she's too big for me to strap down.

This past month is seems like her mouth has exploded with teeth. Her teeth are coming in handy now that she is a little less interested in soft foods. Unlike Lily, she has an enormous appetite, and will eat anything that I put in front of her. She has been using a fork, but still needs a lot of practice. She has also graduated from having a bottle to using a sippy cup.

As far as words go, her vocabulary is still limited to "Daddy" and "cat". I know that normally moms like to hear their kids first words be "Mommy", but I'm enjoying having Ella call her dad's name when she wakes up in the middle of the night!!! Don't think that because she can't say a lot we don't know what she wants. Normally she will give us her empty cup, squeal and then head into the kitchen and tap the refrigerator. Or she'll just make a lot of noise in the kitchen and wait for us to come and see what she wants.

Ella's hair seems like its taking forever to grow long enough to put back. I would have her get her hair cut, but I'm worried that she would wiggle too much. Most of the time I try to give her a little pony tail to keep her hair out of her eyes, but sometimes its a losing battle.

Ella is our little dancer and likes to twirl with her big sister. Sometimes I hear music coming from our bedroom and realize that she has turned on our clock radios. I go in to find her hands in the air and stamping her feet to the music.

She's never been much of a cuddler, but is good at giving Brad and I hugs and kisses before we head off to work, and before we put her down for bed. She'll walk between Brad and I over and over again, like she's playing a game, and starts to giggle.

We love you very much Ella!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ella! You are a real cutie. I can't believe how big you are getting. If you are worried about hair in your eyes, you should have gone to "Lily's Beauty
Salon." It looks like she does good work there. She would fix you up real good! love, Don and Pat XOXO

6:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home